Friday, July 8

Summer in the City

Summer in the City - by Candace Bushnell
reviewed by Eeden

What's it about?
'Summer and the City' is a wonderfully written prequel to Sex and the City. In this follow-up book by Candace Bushnell -prior was The Carrie Diaries- we discover how Carrie found her lifelong friends, get into a mature relationship and also test the waters of serious journalism. She joins a writing school named, ‘The New School’ in which she meets new friends, gain confidence and most importantly, find love.
With only a few months in New York, Carrie needs to find a way that prevents her from going to Brown University in the fall. Follow her on a journey through the streets of the Big Apple as she fights her way back into society.

My thoughts:
It was a very girly book, which I can never resist. I found it very easy to relate to and I love that I now know all the details about how the four girls met, etc. It is an easy to read book with loads of excitement and I can't wait for the next one (there simply has to be  a next one). I love how the four girls are so grounded and always entertaining. I can honestly say, there was never a dull moment in the book where I want to skip a few pages. The book is set in the summer time and the descriptions are exactly how I'd imagine summer in New York to be. Loved it.

 Who should read it?
‘Summer and the City’ is an exciting page turner for all the SATC lovers out there. It is a perfect read for the winter days, under the covers with a cup of coffee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was very interested to read your review of this book, as I am busy reading "4 Blondes" by Candace Bushnell. I loved SATC (on TV) but this book I am reading is a disappointment to me. Maybe I should try Summer in the City, though.